Thursday, February 24, 2011

Seems like this is the place

It seems as though this is the place everyone is going to keep in touch with family and friends these days along with facebook and or twitter. Linda and I are managing to stay afloat even in these trying times. Thank God I have a woman who has been able to put up with me. I went numerous months unemployed and Linda was able to hold things together for us working numerous hours with an on-line marketing company. Just as her job came to an end with them I was finally contacted and hired by a third party logistic company.

I have dealt with off and on depression the same as I always seem to do through these winter months.  I have always wanted to make a living doing something I truly enjoy but it just doesn't seem to be in the cards. I continually work towards honing my skills in woodworking but I just can't seem to market it during these hard times. I have my own website: http://allgoodcustomwoodworks.com/ as well as being listed with http://custommade.com/search?q=Brent+Allgood&mode=projects

I felt certain there must be some way to get out of working for someone else and out on my own. Trying to grow it is extremely hard, there are so many time constraints. The "job" you need to sustain your life takes away the time you need to work what you truly enjoy. For now it remains a hobby and I do what I can for those that ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment