Sunday, May 22, 2011

Not Real Good

I thought if I started blogging I would keep up with it. The truth is, I'm not so good at this. Facebook seems much more user friendly and easier to keep up with, especially since all my kids use it. I still spend as much time as possible in my shop and look for things to create. If I had my way I would spend everyday out there doing something. From time to time someone is looking for me to build something for them and I wish it was often enough that I could leave working for someone else. Problem I deal with now is that the majority of the people wishing for something to be built has too quick of a time frame. Maintaining my present job does not allow me the time to turn items as quickly as required. The amount of requests I receive does not warrant me to stop working a full time job.

So as it goes I do what I can when I can. Recently I was clearing out scrap and had some mesquite and oak begging to be used for something other than firewood or trash. Remembering the old paddle style cutting boards, I decided I could turn the pieces into something useful. Grandma's paddle cutting board never looked so dangerous.